How to watch Michigan State vs Northwestern: TV channel, whistleblower time, live stream
Michigan State’s first rematch of the week was closer than expected: The Spartans needed a last-second bucket from Joey Hauser on Wednesday to beat a Minnesota team they had already beaten on the road. Now they will face another team they have already beaten on the road at Northwestern.
Who: 10th Michigan State (14-2, 5-0) vs. Northwestern (8-6, 1-4)
Where: Breslin Center, East Lansing
Bottom Line: Michigan State -9
HOW TO WATCH
Television Network: Big Ten Network (Brandon Gaudin, Jess Settles)
Watch and DVR College Basketball Live | fuboTV: Stream live TV with ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and the best channels without cable. DVR included. Start watching for free. No contract, cancel anytime.
Major Cable Providers
Comcast: Channel 65/256 (HD) | Diffusion
Spectrum: Channel 45/778 (HD) | Diffusion
Dish: Channel 410 | Diffusion
DIRECTV: Channel 610 | Diffusion
*Channel numbers listed are for Michigan subscribers and may change by region. Check local listings.
HOW TO LISTEN
Radio Network: Spartan Media Network
Affiliates: WJR-AM 760 Detroit; WJIM-AM 1240/WMMQ-FM 94.9 Lansing; 22 other Michigan-based subsidiaries listed on MSUSpartans.com
Satellite: Sirius Ch.83; XM Ch. 83; SiriusXM.com 83
• Northwestern lost to Maryland in double overtime, 94-87, on Wednesday in their last outing. Forward Pete Nance had a career-high 28 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Wildcats. The loss was Northwestern’s fourth in a row.
• Saturday will mark the second time Michigan State and Northwestern have played in 14 days. The Spartans beat Northwestern, 73-67, on Jan. 2 in Evanston behind 20 points from Gabe Brown and 13 points from Marcus Bingham Jr.
• Michigan State leads the Big Ten in conference play in field goal percentage (48.7) and is second in the conference in 3-point percentage (41.7). In their last nine games overall, the Spartans are shooting 44.3% from 3-point range after shooting 32% in their first seven games of the season.
• Northwestern hasn’t won a game at Breslin Center since 2009, while Michigan State has won eight consecutive games in the building. The Spartans are 49-4 against Northwestern at the Breslin Center since the building opened.
• Wildcats guard Boo Buie has two games of 25 or more points against Michigan State: he had 30 against the Spartans helping Northwestern win in December 2020 and 26 in a game against the Spartans in 2019. Those games are the two highlights of his 64-game North West career. The Spartans held Buie to 12 points in the first game of this season.
Maliq Carr and Keon Coleman join Michigan State basketball team on trial basis
Spartan Confidential podcast: How good is Michigan State’s basketball?
Why Michigan State played AJ Hoggard against Tyson Walker in the last 10 minutes against Minnesota
Michigan State’s Joey Hauser enjoys ‘awesome time’ with teammates after winner