GK Quiz on B Virus, Satellite Communication, Nuclear Energy and Indian Philosophy
Take the GK quiz based on B virus, satellite communication, nuclear power and Indian philosophy systems below.
1. Which animal can infect humans with the B virus?
- macaque monkey
Explanation: People are usually infected with the B virus if they are bitten or scratched by an infected macaque monkey
2. Which of the following statements is true about the B virus?
i) The first case was from China where a veterinarian was infected
ii) It can also be transmitted by dogs
- Just me
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
- none of the above
Explanation: The B virus can only be spread by macaque monkeys, not dogs. It was first reported in a veterinarian who dissected macaque monkeys.
3. GSLV launches satellites in?
- Geosynchronous transfer orbit
- Polar orbit
- Outside the earth’s atmosphere
- All the foregoing
Explanation: The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle is a space launch vehicle designed, developed and operated by ISRO to launch satellites and other space objects into geosynchronous transfer orbits.
4. When does / did ISRO launch GISAT-1?
- April 21, 2021
- August 12, 2021
- Aug 10, 2020
- none of the above
Explanation: The Indian Space Research Organization is fully resuming its launch activities at Sriharikota Spaceport with the planned orbiting of the GISAT-1 geoimaging satellite aboard the GSLV-F10 rocket on August 12, 2021.
5. What does NETRA represent in India’s space project?
- Network for tracking and analyzing spatial objects
- Network and energy for satellite tracking and analysis
- Network for satellite monitoring and analysis
- Network for spatial object tracking and data analysis
Explanation: The Network for Monitoring and Analysis of Space Objects (NETRA) project was initiated by ISRO with a view to achieving its goal of a space presence in India.
GISAT-1 & RISAT-1A: Earth Observation Satellites by ISRO – Everything You Need to Know
6. China unveiled a new nuclear power plant design in which no water is needed as a coolant. What radioactive material would be used there?
Explanation: Thorium reactors do not need water as a coolant. Thorium itself acts as a refrigerant.
7. Which of the following is not radioactive
Explanation: Magnesium is not a radioactive element and the other elements mentioned above are.
8. Who was the Prime Minister of Finance of Free India?
- Liaquat Ali Khan
- RK Shanmukham Chetty
- Jean Mathai
- Jawaharlal Nehru
Explanation: RK Shanmukham Chetty was Minister of Finance from August 15, 1947 to August 17, 1948.
9. Which of the schools of philosophy is considered to be the oldest of all?
Explanation: Samkhya, founded by Kapila, is the oldest of the Orthodox philosophical systems
Tiangong: All about the Chinese Space Station and space war speculation in a US report here
10. Who is responsible for the origin of the Nyaya system of philosophy?
- Gautama Muni
Explanation: The Nyaya philosophy, created by Gautama Muni, declares that nothing is acceptable unless it conforms to reason and experience
July 19, 2021: Questions and Answers on Static GK and Current Events